Coconut Whipped Cream
An easy, step-by-step recipe for how to make coconut whipped cream! Perfect for topping vegan and non-dairy desserts.
Write a review
- 1 14-ounce can coconut cream (Trader Joe's brand), or full fat coconut milk (Thai Kitchen)
- 1-3 tbsp fructose
- Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill your coconut cream or coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight, being sure not to shake or tip the can to encourage separation of the cream and liquid.
- The next day, chill a large mixing bowl 10 minutes before whipping.
- Remove the coconut cream or milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking and remove the lid. Scrape out the top, thickened cream and leave the liquid behind (reserve for use in smoothies).
- Place hardened cream in your chilled mixing bowl. Beat for 30 seconds with a mixer until creamy. Then add vanilla (optional) and fructose and mix until creamy and smooth - about 1 minute. Taste and adjust sweetness as needed.
- Use immediately or refrigerate - it will harden and set in the fridge the longer it's chilled. Will keep for up to 1 - 2 weeks!
- If your coconut milk didn't harden, you probably just got a dud can without the right fat content. In that case, you can try to salvage it with a bit of tapioca flour - 1 to 4 tbsp - during the whipping process.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach http://www.totallywellness.com/