Creamy Red Pepper Hummus
Chickpeas, hummus’s main ingredient, give you protein, good-for-you carbs, and fiber. Like other members of the legume family, they routinely top lists of the world’s healthiest foods.
Write a review
- 1 whole red bell pepper
- 425 grams chickpeas, also called garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 1 large lemon (add more if needed)
- 1/4 cup tahini (optional)
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon kosher salt, depending on taste
- A few tablespoons of water (if needed add more)
- Add all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until the hummus is smooth. If needed add a little bit more water. The hummus should be thick, not watery.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach http://www.totallywellness.com/