Oaty Chocolate Hot Smoothie
Write a review
- 15g/0.5oz dark chocolate, chopped (check the brand for gluten free if required)
- 200ml/6.75floz almond milk
- 20g/0.7oz rolled oats (check the brand for gluten free if required)
- ½ a ripe, medium sized banana
- 6 almonds
- 5g/0.2oz chia seeds
- 20ml/0.7floz cold water
- Add the dark chocolate to a jug and pour in the almond milk. Microwave until the mixture is warm and the chocolate has melted (you can do this in a pan if you prefer).
- Add the oats, banana, almonds, chia seeds, the water and approx. a fifth of the almond milk to your smoothie maker or blender. Add in an extra splash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm (see warning above about hot liquids and smoothie makers).
- Blend on high for a minute until the oats and chia seeds have been completely incorporated.
- Whilst it's blending, further heat the rest of the almond/chocolate mix until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the blended oat mix into your cup, stir in the almond/chocolate mix and serve.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach http://www.totallywellness.com/