Raw Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Unlike traditional cheesecakes which uses cream cheese, refined sugar, and butter, This cheesecake uses all natural ingredients that is kind to your body and free from refined sugars, gluten and dairy.
Write a review
- 1 cup medjool date pitted
- 1 cup organic oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vannila extract
- Chocolate ganache
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate (can purchase from health food stores)
- ¼ cup (+ 2-3 tablespoons if needed) almond milk
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- Soak cashews overnight in water then drain water out in strainer.
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 mins prior to making the base then rinse water out. Blend all base ingredients until combined. Line your round cake tin with baking paper and press down until even and set in freezer while you make the filling.
- Blend the cashews, maple syrup, coconut water, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth then add in raspberries and stir through with a spoon (do NOT blend the raspberries). Pour filling on top of base and set in freezer for 6 hours.
- To make the chocolate ganache, in a saucepan, pour in water about half way and bring to boil. In a heat proof bowl, add in chocolate and place in the saucepan to melt, keep watching it and string it as you don't want it to over cook or burn. slowly add the almond milk and keep stirring until melted and smooth (I added a few tablespoons more to get creamy consistency however see how you go and add in more if you think it needs it). Pour on the top of the cake and smooth over evenly with a spoon, add on the raspberries and place in freezer to set. I left mine overnight.
- Gently remove the cake tin, take out the cake and let it defrost for for about an hour then serve. I stored mine in the fridge as I like it softer. Enjoy!
- You will need: Spring cake tin, food processor or high speed blender and baking paper.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach http://www.totallywellness.com/