Zesty Adzuki Bean Salad
Some of the most unique and important health benefits of adzuki beans include their ability to aid in weight loss, prevent and manage diabetes, optimize digestion, contribute to growth and repair, increase energy, lower blood pressure, reduce birth defects in infants, and detoxify the body.
Write a review
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 15 min
- 1 1/2 cups dried adzuki beans
- 1/4 cup arame sea vegetable
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 cups basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Put beans in a large bowl, cover with water and set aside to let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain beans and put in a large pot with 8 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Drain and rinse gently under cold water. Set aside to let cool completely. Meanwhile, soak arame in cold water for 15 minutes; drain and rinse well.
- Put oils, ginger, garlic, basil, vinegar, pepper flakes, tamari and lime juice into a large bowl and whisk to make a dressing. Add cooled beans, arame, green onions and carrots and toss gently to combine.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach http://www.totallywellness.com/