Brussels Sprouts Salad with Apples and Walnuts
A delicious side dish of brussels sprouts tossed together with tart apples and garnished with walnuts.
Write a review
For the Salad
- 2 tablespoons Gi butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 big tart apple, sliced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
For the Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Gi butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add brussels sprouts and apples; season with salt and pepper.
- Add rosemary and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Prepare walnuts by melting Gi butter in saucepan.
- Add honey and stir until incorporated; add walnuts and continue to stir around for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove brussels sprouts and apples from heat and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Spoon salad onto plate and garnish with walnuts.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/