Creamy Parmesan-Garlic Quinoa
Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein and comprised of all pernine essential amino acids. Quinoa also has a high protein to carbohydrate ratio when compared to other grain products. It was proposed by NASA to be an ideal food for long duration space flights.
Write a review
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1-3/4 cups water (could use vegetable broth)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse quinoa very well under cold running water in a fine mesh sieve then drain well and set aside.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat then add garlic and sauté until barely golden brown, stirring constantly (watch closely as it can go from golden brown to burnt very quickly!)
- Add quinoa then toast for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add water then turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Place a lid on top then turn heat down to medium-low and cook until nearly all the liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese then serve.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/