Creamy Parsnips Soup
The parsnip is a root vegetable closely related to the carrot and parsley. It is high in vitamins and minerals, especially potassium. It also contains antioxidants and both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
Write a review
- 4-6 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup green peas
- Place parsnips, onion, nutmeg, salt and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer 20 minutes, or until the parsnips are soft.
- Using an immersion blender purée soup until very creamy. If necessary add more water to get desired consistency.
- Add green peas and mix with a spoon.
- Once peas are heated through, serve in individual bowls.
- Use 2 cups rice or soy milk and 2 cups water for a more silky texture. Replace some of the parsnips with carrots.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/