Kale Avocado Muffins
Absolutely delicious protein breakfast! Make these kale avocado muffins in the morning to your loved ones and extend your breakfast recipe menu.
Write a review
- 100g baby kale or curly kale
- 1 large ripe avocado - finely chopped
- a handful of cherry tomatoes - finely chopped
- 100g creamy goats cheese
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of chipotle seasoning (optional of course...)
- 100g strong cheddar - grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C.
- Take 6-hole or 12-hole deep muffin tin and spray it generously with some Lurpak cooking mist.
- Steam the kale until tender, then once cooled place this into a bowl with the goat cheese, chopped avocado and tomatoes. Season well and stir together.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs for a couple of minutes then in another bowl beat the egg white till it reaches soft peaks and gently fold the egg whites into the beaten eggs.
- Place two tablespoons of the kale and avocado mix into each muffin hole and gently pour the egg mixture on top until each muffin hole is filled about two thirds full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little grated cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/