Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around and one way to be sure to enjoy the maximum nutrition and flavor from kale is to cook it properly. Of all the super healthy greens, kale is the king. It is loaded with all sorts of beneficial compounds, such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, it helps to lower cholesterol - which may reduce the risk of heart disease and also contains numerous cancer-fighting substances.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds young kale, stems discarded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and chop kale.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored.
- Raise heat to high, add the kale and water.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, remove the saucepan from the heat, add salt, pepper and squeeze half lemon.
- Stir well and taste.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/