Sugar Free Carrot Chocolate Muffins
Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet. Studies show that dark chocolate (not the sugary crap) can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease.
Write a review
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- ½ safflower oil
- 2/3 maple syrup
- 2/3 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 3-4 carrots)
- Optional: ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted & chopped
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix safflower oil, maple syrup, soy milk, vanilla extract and salt in another bowl using a whisk.
- Add (3) to (2) and mix with a whisk. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter into muffin cups and bake at 375°F for 40 minutes. Let it cool, serve and enjoy!
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/