Summer Corn Salad
Health benefits of corn include controlling diabetes, prevention of heart ailments, lowering hypertension and prevention of neural-tube defects at birth. Corn or maize is one of the most popular cereals in the world and forms the staple food in many countries. Corn not only provides the necessary calories for healthy, daily metabolism, but is also a rich source of vitamins A, B, E and many minerals. Its high fiber content ensures that it plays a significant role in the prevention of digestive ailments like constipation and hemorrhoids as well as colorectal cancer. The antioxidants present in corn also act as anti-carcinogenic agents and prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Write a review
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Boil corn in a large pot for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from pot and cool by running under cold water.
- Cut kernels from the cobs and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Finely dice the onion and peppers, mince the cilantro and add to the bowl with the corn.
- Add oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/