Tzaziki is a classic Greek sauce made from yogurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil, and fresh dill. It’s super simple to make and a hit at any get-together. Just be sure to use authentic Greek yogurt and squeeze as much water as humanly possible out of your grated cucumber. You can serve with chicken, fish, grilled veggies, pita chips, gyros and as a raw veggie dip.
Write a review
- 1-1/2 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 medium English or hothouse cucumber, seeded, coarsely grated and squeezed as dry as possible (about 1 cup)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, plus a bit more for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (I add about ¼ teaspoon more salt but season to your own taste).
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with more finely chopped mint if desired.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/