Pasta is a favorite comfort food in any season─and it’s cheap and quick to prepare. Whether you’re vegetarian or trying to eat more meatless meals, healthy vegetarian pasta recipe makes delicious and satisfying dinner. Sauce isn’t loaded with butter and cream like many pasta recipes, and i use whole-grain pasta for extra fiber and nutrients. With this veggie pasta recipe, you’ll have a delicious meatless dinner on the table fast.
Write a review
- Whole grain pasta (cook to package directions)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3 cup broccoli
- 1.5 cup cooked mung beans or green lentils
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1T kudzu powder with 1/3 cup of water
- 1.5 cup marinara sauce
- 3T olive oil + 1T olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1.5t cumin
- 1-2T chipotle/adobo sauce
- 1T mild chili powder
- 1T tomato paste
- 2-4T water/veggie broth
- In separate pots, cook pasta and mung beans according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside. They should take roughly the same time to cook.
- In a large pan set to medium heat, toast chopped walnuts, stirring frequently.
- Cook until golden brown, about 5-8min, watching closely.
- As walnuts are browning, sauté broccoli over medium heat with 1T olive oil, covered (in another pan) for about 6-7min, until slightly softened.
- Add in chopped pepper, and cook another 2-3min, until the pepper is just starting to soften.
- When walnuts have browned, add minced garlic to the pan and stir for 30sec.
- Add in marinara, kuzu, olive oil, cumin, adobo sauce, chili powder, tomato paste and 2T water, to the walnut + garlic mixture.
- Stir and bring to a simmer for 3-5min.
- Add in broccoli, peppers, mung beans + pasta and cook until heated through, stirring every minute or so.
- If the sauce is too thick add another 2T of water or veggie broth, until it’s to your desired consistency.
Tatjana Popovic | International Health Coach https://www.totallywellness.com/